April 6, 2011

Settling in...

I arrived in Toronto Friday afternoon with all my stuff jammed into a cargo van. It was a long day of packing, driving, and unpacking followed by cleaning and setting up; moving is exhausting! Have been settling in, organizing and getting things here and there. Hopefully today we will get a sofa, and finally the internet came today!


I have been keeping busy with friends, exploring the city and all there is here. Sunday, April 3rd, my friend and  I went to the Slut Walk, a protest against allegations from a police officer who stated that rape only occurs when a women is dressed inappropriately or a 'slut', basically saying we are bringing it upon ourselves. (http://www.slutwalktoronto.com/


Last night, I went to see the Toronto Blue Jays play (and win) against the Oakland Athletics. They won in extra inning and for someone who does not watch baseball, I really enjoyed it!


Here are a few images of Toronto happenings so far :)











 





No comments:

Post a Comment